Pregnancy is a magical time in any woman’s life.Reflexology is a safe and natural therapy that can be extremely beneficial to a healthy pregnancy and a good idea when you are seeking relief from the not so pleasant aspects associated with pregnancy.
Reflexology provides a comforting and nurturing environment for both mother and baby. Yes, even while they are still in utero babies experience the benefits of reflexology. Reflexology balances the body and its systems in a natural way. On a physical level your stress hormones are reduced whilst you are receiving a reflexology treatment and thus you feel calm and relaxed which your unborn baby picks up on.
Your treatment will be focussed on relaxation allowing you to build up trust in your body’s capabilities; being aware of your relaxation capabilities; being open minded and accepting of current circumstances; focussing on appreciation and enjoyment.
The other benefits reflexology offers to the expectant mother are:
- Assist in reducing ongoing morning sickness
- Helps alleviate fluid retention in hands & feet
- Assist in reducing fatigue to a certain extent and you may even experience a bout of increased energy
- Improve sleep, allowing you to wake feeling more rested
- Reduces digestive disorders like heartburn and indigestion
- Regular reflexology treatments during the third trimester can alleviate back pain and, in some case, may reduce the need for pain relief.
- Expectant mothers who have regular reflexology treatments during their pregnancy have been found to be calmer & more relaxed, which may assist in a smoother birthing process.
- Reflexology assist in getting the body ready for the baby to be born, by helping the body produce optimum hormone levels. These sessions are called labour priming and involve intense pressure being applied to the feet and certain acupressure points which might be slightly uncomfortable or even painful. If you are over your due date and worried about being induced, it is well worth considering 1 – 3 consecutive sessions of labour priming reflexology as many women find that they naturally go into labour afterwards.
Reflexology treatments are not just beneficial during your pregnancy but also during labour as well as afterwards.
Benefits of postnatal reflexology:
- Assists in rebalancing your hormones after birth.
- Encourage your body to heal itself.
- Postnatal reflexology may stimulate milk flow for breastfeeding.
- Promote restful sleep.
- May boost vital energy levels.
As reflexology is a natural and safe therapy, it can soothe common maladies that babies may suffer from without potential side effects. As well as improve the overall health of your baby.
Reflexology treatments for babies are short and last no longer than 10 minutes.
Benefits of reflexology for your baby:
- Reflexology can sooth a cranky baby
- Reflexology may help relieve tummy pains and constipation
- Reflexology may relieve colic
- May aid in reducing symptoms accompanied with teething
Reflexology remains a safe, non-invasive treatment suitable for the whole family regardless of their age or gender.
Always ensure that you book your reflexology treatments with a registered Therapeutic Reflexologist. You can check whether your reflexologist is registered by contacting the
Allied Health Professions Council.
Tel No: 012 349 233
Book your Therapeutic Reflexology Treatment with:
Wednesdays & Thursdays:09:00 – 13:00
45 Min Treatment: R380.00